Air Sea Three Peaks Challenge
The Three Peaks Challenge involves climbing the three highest mountains in England, Wales and Scotland. Within 24 hours.
We will start the challenge unofficially from our Birkenhead offices on 11th September 2015, travelling the 330-mile distance to the base of Ben Nevis, Scotland, before the clock officially starts at around 5pm on the same day.
We will then begin walking and traveling through the night, ascending Ben Nevis - 1344m (Scotland), then Scafell Pike - 978m (England) and finally Snowdon - 1085m (Wales), where we aim to finish by 5pm on the following day.
Our challenge consists of:
-Scaling 3 of the UK's highest mountains in 24 hours;
- Ascending \ descending 6,064m;
- Walking 23.5 miles;
- Travelling 800 miles;
- Having a smile on our faces as we finish!
Our team of challengers are:
Kevin Dougherty, Sales & Marketing Director
Dave Watkins, Sales Manager
Nathan Selby, Marketing Co-ordinator
Jonathan Davies, Business Development Executive
Dawn Clark, Credit Controller
We've set up a JustGiving donation page here. Every penny that we raise will go directly to benefiting the work that Save The Children do.
Some examples include:
- £5 pays for ten days' worth of life-saving food for a malnourished child
- £50 buys 25 blankets to keep babies suffering from deadly pneumonia warm
- £100 pays for the training of a health worker who can then diagnose illness and treat children
- £320 buys a water pump to provide clean water for an entire village
- £625 pays for a classroom to be built, giving children in poorer countries the chance to learn